Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm a bad blogger

Who knew that in order to have a blog, you have to update it. Hmm.

Well I, Katie, am back from California after my almost month long stint enjoying the beautiful weather (85 degree highs) and working normal hours for the first time in my life. I quite enjoyed sitting at a desk and getting to go to lunch every day. The news of the month is that my brother Sean is getting married, he and his awesome bride-to-be Kate are planning a San Francisco City Hall wedding NEXT MONTH:) I'm trying not to let this give me the wedding bug again that I so recently got better from. Notice how I said better, not cured.
But I'm not complaining, I get to go right back up to my favorite state in a month for all the fun festivities including possibly the coolest wedding reception ever at their favorite local bar. Can't wait.

I think I keep jinxing myself by teasing(threatening?) to put pictures up here because I was without my camera cord in California, then lost my camera altogether when Matt came out to visit me and brought my cord with him. I came home to AZ thinking that I'd never see my sweet little camera again and voila, someone found it and it's now safely with me again. However, now I need to find my camera cord before I can post any pictures. I think I have a problem.

The hubby and I have been married 3 months. Time flies. This year has gone by so fast yet the last couple weeks have seemed to go by so slow. I hate this part of the year in Arizona. It seems that everyone is exhausted from the heat that won't quite go away for another month. And everyone is busy with school and work and no one has time to do much of anything. I'm the kind of person who always is looking forward to something and I can't ever be without a project. So I'm undertaking a new project of finishing all my old projects and then organizing our little house. Truth be told we have a lot of "stuff" for such a little house. And a shed full of who knows what, I'm sure I don't know what we stuck in there when we moved in and forgot. Which brings me to the reason that I now have time to do these new/old projects...

I quit my job! I'll admit it sounds kind of crazy to quit a job in this economy but while I was gone I decided that I didn't need a job that stressed me out and I was disrespected in, especially when it didn't really help out much financially(ah the joys of a student's salary). And no sooner had I quit when I discovered something else that would help pay bills and is something I already love doing. I'm going to nanny! Right now I only have a couple jobs each part time but surprise surprise, there is no shortage of people needing someone to watch their kids. And I love kids and if I can get paid to snuggle babies I'm a happy camper. It's not much but it gives me the flexibility to take on whatever comes our way in this crazy changing world of being a newlywed. I never thought we would have too many opportunities. Even a year ago, I had hoped but didn't know we would be in the place we are today. Heck, 3 months ago I didn't know how much we would like being married. It's a nice feeling.

So maybe eventually we will post some reviews, or pictures. But I'm getting the updating down first. And learning not to ramble so much as I am so prone to doing. Thanks for listening.
*Katie*


No comments:

Post a Comment