Saturday, September 25, 2010

Review: Vine Expressions

First Review. You ready for this? I thought I'd start with one of our favorite dates in the area.
These are NOT my pictures, I still can't find my camera cord so I'm borrowing for now. I'll make a note on who took the pictures.






Vine Expressions is a small wine bar in Gilbert in civic center shopping just south of Warner on Gilbert Road. It's really quiet and rarely busy, the atmosphere is laid back and the people behind the bar are great and know a lot about wine.
Obviously they have a huge wine list for about $7 and up by the glass and their daily featured wines go for $5-$7. Half the place is the wine store, it's like functional decor and you can buy a bottle of wine and drink it there, take home a bottle of something you tried by the glass or just wander looking at the selection. For the non-wine drinkers there is good beer selection too. I couldn't tell you what else they have to drink because I don't usually get past the featured wines.
They also have great app plates and small meals. Or what they call "noshes". We like to sit at the bar or they have some tables and couches to relax in. There is always things going on mostly on weekdays like wine tastings for $10-$15 that includes 4 different wines and an appetizer plate and a discount on wines by the bottle.
There is live music some nights, but the good kind in the background, not the can't hear each other talk kind. Our favorite is Brian Willia, a great acoustic guitar player. All their upcoming events are on the website. http://www.vineexpressions.com/
But, by the way, they are closed Sunday and Monday, I've learned that the hard way and I don't enjoy driving up Gilbert Rd through downtown unless I absolutely have to. Happy hour is from 11AM-6PM with some discounts on wine by the glass but we don't usually get there until around 7 or 8 so not sure how crowded it gets.

Next amazing(?) post to look forward to...
My experience with Bountiful Baskets! Okay so this week I'm just splitting with one of the ladies from The Nest local boards so I can get some apples(apple pie anyone) but I'm looking into getting our own soon. It sounds like an awesome idea. Here's the website, more info about this whole BB thing next time.
http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/

P.S. Photo by Hilen Cruz and by the way I'm not liking the photo uploader on here.




1 comment: