Wednesday, March 21, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

There was much fun to be had at the Ellis house this year for St. Patty's Day. We had some great friends over and Matt's family for dinner. We made corned beef sliders, green deviled eggs(NOT my idea, I could barely bring myself to eat them the green weirded me out), and corned beef & cabbage. I'm quite proud of my own cooking/baking projects. I made Concannon (from this recipe)for the first time, it turned out very yummy if I do say so myself. It was very easy, I look forward to making it again and adding some bacon. I also made rainbow cupcakes from a Pinterest idea. I have since eaten way more cupcakes then is good for me.
Pot O' Gold cupcakes

So much potatoes!

We headed out to downtown Chandler for the Irish Republic's St. Patty's Day festival. I love Irish Republic(formally Murphy's Law) but the festival ended up being too many people and not too much to do. The crazy wind didn't help. Plus I never really enjoy paying admission and then having to buy drink and food tickets on top of that. So we headed back home to watch movies and of course to take some pictures since we never remember to.
Sammy & I

Lacey & Rob with their Sears shirts
Getting sleepy, when did 11 PM get late?
Of course Matt & I didn't happen to be in any pictures together, we need to change that. Oh and that green wall was my project for the week. Didn't mean for it to get painted green in honor of St. Patty's Day, it just worked out that way! Our Irish flag has since found a new home in our outdoor bar area in progress. All our outdoor projects have been put on hold since our wonderful Arizona weather decided to turn cold and rainy for a few days. I can't wait for it to be back up to 80 degrees and sunny that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. cute cupcakes! that is soo fun! we were boring this year for st pattys since i had to wrok pretty much all day but oh well..I like the green wall!!

    ReplyDelete