Monday, April 2, 2012

What a Week

 Once in awhile, it pays off to review. When I am looking for something, whether it be a restaurant or salon, I always visit Yelp first for recommendations. It comes in especially handy when we're traveling and I don't know the area. A few weeks back my best friend and I planned a girls night to see Wicked and had a less than stellar experience with a town car company. After posting a review on Yelp, I was contacted by the owner of the company with an apology and an offer to make it up to us. He definitely went above and beyond, finding us tickets to a Giants Spring Training game and giving us a ride there.

So Matt and I had a day date, which is pretty much our first weekend in a long time where we haven't had to do work on the house or other not so fun errands. It was a beautiful 80 degree day, nice and sunny. A little too sunny but we had fun. We had amazing seats, a few rows above the Giants dug out. Awesome.

This Sunday the girls all went to the Renaissance Festival. Thank goodness it was only 75 degrees since it was over 90 degrees Saturday. Sammy and I took my sister and her friend, and of course three of us had to dress up like weirdos, poor Sammy. We all got a bit of sun and met a very strange Jack Sparrow(wrong time period methinks). 
Charity & Emily

Getting sunburn


In sadder news, this week our family also had to say goodbye to the family dog. Gizmo has been a part of our family for 11 years, since I was in Jr. High. I still remember the day we got him. It seems so strange that he could get old because he's always been my puppy, even while I was busy growing up. He was my baby, always happy to see whoever walked in the door(he was a terrible watch dog), and the best snuggler. He was happiest being held like a baby or perched on the back of the couch where he could see everybody. It was so sad when he started getting sick, but I'm glad he died peacefully in his sleep and didn't have to be put down the next day. We all got a chance to snuggle him the night before, kiss his little head, and say goodbye. I'll miss my little guy, it is still strange to go to my parents and not hear him come tapping his paws down the hall to see me. Love you Gizmo(aka gizmotron, gizzy, and gismof the incredible)!
Gizmo-Halloween 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment